Saturday, January 04, 2014

Delicious Autumn Cheesecake



I've always wanted to learn how to make a cheesecake since it's such a classic dessert. I decided for my family Christmas dinner this year that it would be a great opportunity for me to learn how to make one and serve it for the dessert course. The recipe that I picked was the Autumn Cheesecake from Allrecipes.com.


Spreading the graham cracker crumbs layer

Cheese layer added onto of the graham crackers
Many of the reviewers for this recipe recommended doubling the quantity of the ingredients for the filling, so I did the same thing.


Apples tossed with cinnamon and sugar

Apples and pecans (I was short on pecans because they were all used up in the mason jar project)
Many reviewers also recommended baking the cheesecake in a water bath to prevent cracks.

Voila! All baked and ready to be chilled
Voila!  The cheesecake turned out to be quite delicious.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Some suggestions for improvement were that the apple slices could have been arranged in a neater way so the dish would look more appealing and that more pecans were needed.  I say those are some easy adjustments to make for next time!  Also, I wouldn't recommend using a casserole dish to bake the cake because it made the serving process a little difficult.

1 comment:

  1. I actually liked the amount of pecans that you had. I thought it was really good for your first time!

    ReplyDelete