Sunday, July 27, 2014

My Heart "Beets" for Salads


I know... I know... lame title, but it cracks me up :)  Plus, who doesn't love beets and summer salads?  I was craving for a simple summer salad, so I went on Allrecipes.com and I found this Roasted Beets and Feta Cheese salad recipe.


Ingredients:

  • Beets
  • Feta Cheese
  • Parsley
  • Olive oil
  • Green onions
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste

The recipe actually calls for shallots rather than green onions and also red wine vinegar.  Since I didn't have either ingredients, I decided to make do with what I have.

This is an easy recipe that doesn't require much ingredients or time to prepare.  The most time you'll be spending on making this salad is waiting for the beets to be roasted in the oven.  Depending on the size of the beets, I recommend keeping them in the oven for 45 mins for the smaller sized beets and 60 mins for larger sized beets so the beets are cooked thoroughly.

Beets wrapped in aluminum foil for roasting
Cilantro and green onion mixed with balsamic vinegar
Beets added to dressing 
Feta cheese sprinkled on top





















I really enjoyed this recipe and would definitely recommend it to people that love beets too!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm I love beets! Did you grow those beets too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, these were bought. My dad wants to grow them next year though!

    ReplyDelete