Monday, November 19, 2012

Apple Bread Pudding


Apple Bread Pudding
The first time I tried bread pudding was this year at UBC's Blueberry Festival.  It was delicious!  I decided to make it this past weekend.  Unfortunately, I didn't have any blueberries in my fridge, so I opted to use apples instead.  I found this relatively simple recipe on Allrecipes.ca.
I did make a few adjustments to the recipe.  I added some raisins and walnuts and doubled the amount of liquid required.  I highly recommend the raisins as it adds that extra kick to bread pudding.  Most reviewers mentioned that the original recipe runs a little dry, so if you prefer a gooier finish, you'll need to increase the liquids.
Ingredients (Raisins, walnuts, apple, bread, egg, milk, cream, sugar
and cinnamon)


The Verdict 

The bread pudding was okay taste wise   Since most reviewers mentioned online that you need to add a lot more liquids to the recipe, I sort of played it by ear.  It ended up being gooier than I would have wanted it.

Challenges
  • I only had skim milk at home.  It would have tasted better if I used a creamier milk
  • I only used half of the amount of sugar asked for (I ran out of sugar lol), so it was a little bland.  To rectify this, I served it with vanilla ice cream.


If you made bread pudding, feel free to let me know what you did to make it a success!






3 comments:

  1. Somehow Winnie got it in the zone where it was neither soft nor crunchy, like drinking lukewarm water -- a temperature that is not liked by the majority. Need Winnie to do it again. Different recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honest opinion, Anson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least the photos make it look delicious.

    ReplyDelete