Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Feenie's Quinoa, Green Bean and Tomato Salad

My friends, @MashedThoughts and @Seapotato, bought me Rob Feenie's Casual Classics for my birthday this year.  I was recently introduced to quinoa and loved it, so naturally, the recipe that caught my eye in the book was the Quinoa, Green Bean, and Tomato Salad.



I tested out this dish for my Ugly Sweater Christmas Potluck party this past weekend. It turned out to be a very simple recipe to follow that consisted of green beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, capers, pesto, green onions and roasted pecans.




As Feenie mentioned in the book, the key to this recipe is adding flavour to it.  I found the amount of lemon juice and salt suggested in the recipe did not provide enough flavour.  I'll definitely add this recipe on my re-do list, but perhaps I will double the amount of lemon juice the recipe suggested.

2 comments: