Monday, November 03, 2014

Yummy Meatballs!


My office organized a baby shower last month and we all had to bring a dish to the party.  I decided to make meatballs since it went well with the gender of the baby :)  I remember that my brother-in-law, Anson, made some pretty good meatballs in the past, so I decided to borrow his recipe.

Classic Meatballs - Serves 8

Ingredients:
  • 4 Slices of sandwich bread torn into pieces/breadcrumbs
  • ¾ Cup milk
  • ½ lb Italian pork sausage/ground pork
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
  • Some parsley
  • 1½ tsp salt & pepper
  • 2½ lbs of 80% ground beef
  • Some marinara sauce (optional)
Instructions:

1) Mash bread and milk in bowl. Meanwhile heat oven to 475 degrees.
2) Add remaining ingredients except ground beef and mash.
3) Add beef to pork and kneed to combine.
4) Bake for 20 minutes. May transfer meatballs to pot with spaghetti sauce and simmer for 15 minutes

I ended up getting a package of spicy marinated pork sausage which gave some extra flavors to my meatballs.  I recommend trying something like that.  

Overall, it was a really simple and easy recipe to follow and they turned out very delicious!
All the ingredients without the cheese

A mix of all the ingredients

Ready to be scooped into balls


No comments:

Post a Comment