Sunday, December 22, 2013

Personalized Christmas Glass Ornaments


Merry Christmas!  Some of my favourite ornaments on my Christmas tree are the glass ornaments that my sister made a number of years ago for the family.  The ornaments were personalized with each of our names covered with sparkles.  Since I am hosting a glitter and glam themed Christmas party for my friends this year, I decided to make some personalized ornaments as party favours.


Here are the supplies that you will need for this project:

  • Glass ornaments with a detachable top (purchased at Michaels)
  • Styrofoam balls (purchased at Dollar store)
  • Glue gun (purchased at Michaels)
  • Glue gun glue (purchased at Dollar store)
  • Sequins (purchased at Dollar store)
  • Sparkles (purchased at Michaels)
  • All purpose glue (purchased at Dollar store)
  • Ribbon (purchased at Dollar store)

Some of the supplies
To begin, pull out the top of the glass ornament and insert the styrofoam balls.  It's absolutely up to you how much you want to fill up the ornament.


With your glue gun, write the name you want on the ornament.  I had originally opted out the glue gun and used the all purpose glue to write the names but I found it to be too runny.  Instead, I wrote all the names with a hot glue gun first and then painted a layer of all purpose glue on top of it (this is a necessary step as the glue from the hot glue gun dries up pretty quickly).  Once you have the name covered in a layer of glue, you can go ahead and pour sparkles on it.

Name written with a hot glue gun
Name covered with a layer of glue


Ornament covered with sparkles
Using the same steps, I decorated the rest of the ornament with some colourful sequins and shapes.
Once you are done decorating, all you have to do is tie a ribbon to it and hang it on your tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment